Last modified on August 10, 2022
To add BigQuery as a Datasource in the Admin UI, set the following configuration properties. For more information, see our main guide, Add a Datasource.
- Display Name (Required): Enter a meaningful name for this resource, such as “bigquery.” This name displays throughout strongDM. Do not include special characters like quotes (") or angle brackets (< or >).
- Datasource Type (Required): Select BigQuery.
- Endpoint (Required): Enter the endpoint (e.g.,
www.googleapis.com), which must be accessible to a Gateway or Relay.
- Port Override: After this Datasource has been created, this field will be automatically filled with a port between 1024-59999 that is not in use by another Datasource. You can optionally overwrite it with your own preferred port later in the Port Overrides settings.
- Project (Required): Enter the Project ID that is configured for the database (e.g., “example-project-123456”).
- Secret Store: This field lets you specify where the credentials for this Resource are stored (i.e., strongDM, AWS Secrets Manager, Azure Key Vault, GCP Secret Manager, HashiCorp Vault, etc.). This field is only displayed if Secret Store integration is configured in the Admin UI. The default Secret Store type is strongDM. Selecting any other Secret Store type causes properties unique to that Secret Store to appear, such as Username (path), Password (path), and so forth. For more detailed information about path to the secrets you’ve stored in a particular Secret Store, see the Secret Store integration configuration guide for the one you are using.
- Username (Optional): Enter a username. Note that this username is for reference purposes only.
- JSON Private Key (Required): This field is shown when Secret Store integration is not configured for your organization, or when it is and strongDM is the selected Secret Store type. Enter the JSON private key associated with your project ID.
- JSON Private Key (path): If Secret Store integration is configured for your organization and you selected a Secret Store type that is not strongDM, enter the path to the JSON private key associated with your project ID (e.g.,
path/to/credential?key=optionalKeyName). The key argument is optional.
- Resource Tags (Optional): Assign tags to the Datasource by entering key-value pairs in the format
If any errors occur, please copy them into an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.