Last modified on November 3, 2022
To add ElastiCache Redis as a datasource in the Admin UI, set the following configuration properties. For more information, see our main guide, Add a Datasource.
- Display Name (Required): Enter a meaningful name for this resource, such as “elasticache-redis.” This name displays throughout StrongDM. Do not include special characters like quotes (") or angle brackets (< or >).
- Datasource Type (Required): Select ElastiCache Redis.
- Hostname (Required): Enter the hostname. Note that it must be accessible to a gateway or relay.
- Port (Required): Enter the port to connect to the resource (default: 6379).
- Bind Interface (Read only): Bind Interface is the IP address to which the port override of this resource is bound. The IP address value is automatically generated in the
127.255.255.254IP address range after the resource is created. The default is
127.0.0.1. You can modify this value with your preferred bind interface value later under Settings > Port Overrides.
- Port Override (Read only): After this datasource has been created, this field will be automatically filled with a port between 1024-59999 that is not in use by another datasource. You can optionally overwrite it with your own preferred port later in the Port Overrides settings.
- Secret Store (Optional): This field lets you specify where the credentials for this resource are stored (StrongDM or a secrets management tool). This field is only displayed if Secret Store integration is configured in the Admin UI. The default Secret Store type is StrongDM. Selecting any other Secret Store type causes properties unique to that Secret Store to appear, such as Username (path), Password (path), and so forth. For more detailed information about path to the secrets you have stored in a particular Secret Store, see the Secret Store integration configuration guide for the one you are using.
- Password (Required): This field is shown when Secret Store integration is not configured for your organization, or when it is and StrongDM is the selected Secret Store type. Enter the password that is configured for this ElastiCache Redis database.
- Password (path) (Required): If Secret Store integration is configured for your organization and you selected a Secret Store type that is not StrongDM, enter the path to the secret in your Secret Store (for example,
path/to/credential?key=optionalKeyName). The key argument is optional.
- TLS Required? (Optional): If your ElastiCache Redis database is configured to require TLS, select the checkbox to enable StrongDM to use a TLS connection.
- Resource Tags (Optional): Assign tags to the Datasource by entering key-value pairs in the format
If any errors occur, please copy them into an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.