See our main guide, Add a Datasource, for general information on adding a datasource in the Admin UI.
The only supported RabbitMQ protocol for connections through strongDM is the AMQP 0.9.1 model. Feel free to email support with any questions.
Then note the following fields and configuration information, which are specific to the RabbitMQ datasource type:
- Display Name (Required): Enter a meaningful name for this resource (e.g., “rabbitmq”). This name will show up in the Admin UI.
- Datasource Type (Required): Select RabbitMQ (AMQP 0.9.1)
- Hostname (Required): Enter the hostname, which must be accessible to a Gateway or Relay. Do not include the protocol (ampq://) or port.
- Port (Required): Enter the port to connect to the service (default: 5672).
- Secret Store (Required): If a secret store integration is configured, select where the credentials for this cluster will be stored.
- Port Override (Required): Set a port between 1024-59999 that is not in use by another datasource.
- Username (Required): Enter the username for authentication (e.g., “administrator”) to RabbitMQ.
- Password (Required): Enter the password for the provided username.
- TLS Required? (Optional): If your RabbitMQ configuration requires TLS, you can select this checkbox to enable strongDM to use a TLS connection.
If the MIME Content Type of a given RabbitMQ message body is not
application/json, but is instead some form of binary data, strongDM does not log that message body. Binary data could be anything in any format, and strongDM would be unable to ascertain what it was or know how to display it in log records.
If any errors occur, please copy them into an email and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.