Tags are a form of metadata that can be applied to specific entities in strongDM. Each Tag is a key and optional value pair.
strongDM entities that support Tags:
- Maximum key length: 128 UTF-8 characters
- Maximum value length: 256 UTF-8 characters
- Maximum 50 tags per entity
- Allowed characters: letters, numbers, and spaces representable in UTF-8, and the following characters:
+ - = . _ : / @
team=strongDMis different from
- An entity can only have one value of a key at a time (If you have two tags
env=devyou can only assign one of them to a resource).
Tags are managed through any of the strongDM programmatic interfaces. The Admin UI does not support Tags at this time. This article will focus on Tag management through the CLI, but you can refer to the API docs for more info.
You can also combine these operations. For example, to delete all Tags and replace them with new tags:
sdm admin users update --email email@example.com --delete-all-tags --tags 'a=1,b=2'