SSO with Auth0
This document details the steps to set up Auth0 SSO to manage authentication for strongDM.
- Create application: Click Create Application. Name the application "strongDM" and select Regular Web Applications.
- Configure application: If you are prompted to select a technology to integrate with, click Skip Integration. Then under the settings tab, enter the following information:
- Allowed Callback URLs:
- Allowed Web Origins:
- Capture client ID and client secret: In the Basic Information section, note the Client ID and Client Secret fields. You will need these values in the next step.
- Enter the account details in strongDM: In the strongDM app, go to "Settings" -> Authentication, choose Auth0 from the drop down menu and add your URL (
https://<yourorg>.auth0.com), ClientID, and Client Secret. (Be sure to include the
https://in the "Single Sign-On URL" field.)
- Confirm Auth0 access: Back at Auth0, confirm that the email addresses for all users are identical in both strongDM and your SSO. Confirm that all users to whom you intend to grant database access have access to the strongDM application by default.
At this point, you should be ready to enable SSO.
If any errors occur or if the integration fails in any way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.