SSO with Google
You already use your SSO to conveniently manage permissions to applications; now you can also use it to manage permissions to your datasources following these simple steps.
- Enable API access: From the Google Admin console, navigate to the Security tab. Under API reference enable API access.
- Create an API project: Navigate to https://console.developers.google.com and create a new project.
- Configure OAuth Consent Screen: Click on OAuth consent screen and fill in the fields as follows:
- Application type: Internal
- Application name: strongDM
- Authorized domains: strongdm.com
- Application homepage link: https://app.strongdm.com
- Create OAuth Client ID: From https://console.developers.google.com create an Oauth Client ID as shown.
- Provide Details: From https://console.developers.google.com provide Application Type, Name, and Authorized URLs as shown.
- Record the Client Secret: From https://console.developers.google.com Save the Client Secret and Client ID as shown, you'll need it in the next steps.
- Enter the account details in strongDM: In the strongDM app, go to "Settings" -> Authentication, choose Google from the drop down menu and add your URL, Client ID, and Client Secret as shown.
If any errors occur or if the integration fails in any way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.