SSO With Keycloak
Last modified on August 10, 2022
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to configure single sign-on (SSO) with Keycloak. You already use Keycloak to conveniently manage permissions to applications. After SSO configuration is complete, you’ll also be able to use Keycloak to manage permissions to your Datasources.
- In your Keycloak admin console, go to the Clients section and click Create to add a client.
- On the Add Client page, enter basic information and then save:
- Client ID: Enter a name like strongDM.
- Client Protocol: Select openid-connect.
- Root URL: Enter
- On the Settings tab, do the following:
- Ensure that Client Protocol is openid-connect.
- Set Access Type to confidential.
- Under Valid Redirect URIs, add the following URLS:
- Other fields are optional and can be set as you prefer. When done, click Save.
- On the Credentials tab, copy the Secret value. You will need this in the next step.
- Next, enter the account details in the strongDM Admin UI. Go to Settings > User Management. In the Single Sign-on section, set the following:
- Provider: Select Keycloak.
- Single sign-on URL: Add your URL (add
/auth/realms/<REALM_NAME>to your Keycloak base URL).
- Client ID: Enter your client ID.
- Client Secret: Paste the secret that you copied previously.
- Select your desired general SSO settings and click activate.
- Verify that all users in strongDM exist in Keycloak.
If any errors occur or if the integration fails in any way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.