August 2022 Release Notes
Last modified on September 7, 2022
- Vault Support for Azure Datasources. Added Vault support for authenticating Azure MySQL and Azure MariaDB datasources.
- OneLogin SAML SSO New Features. Added support for OneLogin SAML SSO using the strongDM app in the OneLogin marketplace.
- Monitoring and Observability New Features. Added Prometheus-style metrics endpoint functionality for relays and gateways to report on health and performance.
- Quay Repository Links. Updated Quay repository links on the Admin UI Downloads page to be more specific.
- Security Improvements. Made several security updates.
- SDK Updates. Removed deprecated functionality from the SDKs.
- Guided Tour and Favicons. Improved text displayed in the Admin UI guided tour and updated the Admin UI to use new strongDM favicons.
- Password Reset Status. Made improvements to better indicate status on the password reset page.
- Login and Authentication Layout. Improved the layout of the login and authentication page.
- Port Field Validation. Added additional validation to port fields in the Admin UI.
- OIDC SSO Target Validation. Added validation logic to require OIDC SSO targets to be responsive.
- SSH Host Key Fingerprint. Improved reliability of SSH host key fingerprint.
- Menu-loading Icons. Improved the display of menu-loading icons in the Admin UI.
- Images and Illustrations. Updated illustrations for user-facing messages in the application.
- sdm audit roles Command. Updated the
sdm audit rolescommand to rely on access rules string field rather than legacy access rules.
- SCIM API Additions. Added support for userName patch structure in the SCIM API.
- Search by Tag Upgrades. Improved search functionality for tags with spaces in the Admin UI.
- Other Tag Improvements. Made improvements to ensure we no longer display unused tags in the Admin UI.
- Activity Logs. Updated the activity logs to use the name of the SCIM provider when SCIM actions are performed.
- Secret Stores and Website Creation. Fixed an issue related to website resource creation failing after changing secret store types.
- Additional Website Creation. Fixed an issue where failed website resource creation prevented users from creating additional websites.
- Child Organization Logins. Fixed an issue preventing admins in a parent organization from logging in to a child organization.
- Calendar Formatting. Fixed calendar formatting to be consistent across all environments.
- Optional Ports. Fixed an issue that made optional ports in datasources required.
- Website and Port Override Visibility. Fixed an issue that prevented DBAs from viewing website and port overrides in the Admin UI.
- Port Overrides. Fixed an issue with calculating new ports that prevented port overrides from being enabled.
- Cloud Type Display. Fixed an issue related to displaying cloud types on the Port Overrides page in the Admin UI.
- Secret Store Help Text. Fixed the secret store help text to reference the relevant category for a resource.
- Secret Store Dropdown Options. Fixed duplicated options in the Secret Store dropdown menu.
- sdm ready Errors. Fixed an issue causing an incorrect error with the
- Session Timeout and Login Flow. Fixed an issue in the Admin UI where a session timeout did not properly restart the login flow.
- Unresponsive Datasources Page. Fixed an issue causing the Datasources page to become unresponsive in the Admin UI.
- Unresponsive Admin UI. Fixed an issue causing the Admin UI to become unresponsive when searching for tags under dynamic access rules for roles.
- SSH Sessions. Fixed an issue that allowed SSH replays to keep downloading after the replay window was closed in the Admin UI.
- Routing and Port Overrides. Fixed an issue related to routing and the Port Overrides page in the Admin UI.
- Blank Page Display. Fixed blank page displays during logins.
- Curl Download Options. Fixed curl download options for the Linux binary in the Admin UI.
- Shutting Down Services. Fixed an issue related to services properly shutting down when logging is unavailable.
- Temporary Access. Fixed an issue that prevented granting temporary access via CLI with the