January 2021 Release Notes
What's New from January 2021
- Release Notes: Release notes are now officially available!
- Terraform Quick Start: Created an example Terraform quick start file that allows you to create resources and/or test them quickly, and can also be customized to use with your own infrastructure.
- CLI Access for DBAs: Added the ability for users with the DBA permission level to use CLI commands under the
sdm adminbranch that correspond with their abilities in the Admin UI.
- K8s Debugging Support: Added support for logging and auditing of Kubernetes sessions from
- Session ID Column: Added a button for SSH replays in the Admin UI that copies the session ID to the clipboard. This can then be used when auditing via the CLI.
- AWS Authentication: Extended support for assuming Role ARN to all eligible AWS resources (DynamoDB, Athena, AmazonES). Also added support for passing External ID (along with assuming Role ARN).
- Gateway Stability: Improved gateway resilience and recovery during incidents caused by misconfigured gateways.
- Improved Client Connectivity: We now prune stale gateways from the client to improve connection success rate.
- Terraform Configuration: Improved Terraform provider to handle new line breaks in API Access Key and Secret Key fields.
- Improved Error Messaging: Provided a more informative error message when a resource is only accessible by an isolated relay, or when trying to create a datasource with a duplicate name.
- SSH Keep-Alive: We now forward
firstname.lastname@example.org through our ssh proxy.
- CLI UX: The
sdm statusCLI command now organizes all resources by their specific type.
- Replays: Improved SSH session replays so that custom formatting in a replay is cleaned up after it finishes.
- Parent Org Admin UI: Fixed a bug where admins that were suspended disappeared from the Admin UI.
- Website Subdomain: Fixed a bug where use of uppercase in a website resource subdomain would cause errors.
- Permissions: Fixed a mismatch with API permissions required to list account attachments.
- Temporary Access Grants: Fixed a bug with setting dates while granting temporary access in the Admin UI.
- Website Access: Fixed a bug where users with the DBA permission level could not access some websites through the Admin UI.
- Presto Password Field: Fixed a bug where Presto resources required a password that was not actually needed.
- Port Overrides in Admin UI: Fixed port overrides sorting and editing issues in Admin UI.
- Windows Client Sleep/Wake Bug: Fixed a bug where occasionally a device would have issues connecting to strongDM after the device wakes from sleep.
- GUI Log Rotation: Fixed a bug where GUI logs would occasionally grow too large.