May 2021 Release Notes
Last modified on September 1, 2022
What’s New from May 2021
- Grant Temporary Access with Specific Time Zones. Added a time zone selector to the Grant Temporary Access to Datasources tab in the Admin UI, allowing customers to choose times based on the selected time zone.
- Clouds Section. Added the Clouds section to the Admin UI and the
sdm admin cloudssubtree in the CLI to allow for management of Cloud resources.
- Enhanced Admin UI Performance for Role and Permission Updates. Improved performance in the Admin UI when updating permissions within Roles.
- Gateway Improvements. Improved the stability of Gateways run in short-lived Kubernetes instances.
- Streamlined Client Download. Optimized the size of the strongDM Client, making for a smaller download.
- HTTP Subdomain Description. Added help text describing the usage of the HTTP Subdomain field in the Admin UI and CLI.
- Speedier Queries. Reduced latency experienced when making very large dataset queries.
- Permissions During API Key Creation. In the Admin UI, added permissions options for Secret Stores when creating API keys.
- Terraform Quick Start. Reintroduced the Terraform quick start guide to the welcome page of the Admin UI in a new format.
- Kubernetes Icon Refresh. Updated the Kubernetes-related icons in the Admin UI.
- Resource Tags. Fixed an issue where tags on resources could be lost during mass updates of resources.
- Cloud Logs. Fixed an issue in which Cloud logs incorrectly showed an error in the Admin UI in cases where encryption or local logging was turned on.
- Token Creation with Secret Stores. Fixed an issue where tokens could not be created with Secret Stores selected in the Admin UI.
- Temporary Access to Datasources. Ensured that Cloud and Cluster types are correctly separate in the Grant Temporary Access to Datasource modal in the Admin UI.
- CLI Help Text. Fixed the CLI help text for the
sdm admin cloudscommand screen.
- Date/Time Field. Fixed a Temporary Access bug where the “start from” date/time field wouldn’t always work.