- Role-based, attribute-based, & just-in-time access to infrastructure
- Connect any person or service to any infrastructure, anywhere
- Logging like you've never seen
Between Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday, your attention plays host to quite the party in November. And while we all love a good deal, nothing epitomizes the spirit of the season better than Giving Tuesday. A day to give back to our communities, volunteer our time, and count our blessings.
At StrongDM, living out our People-First values through volunteer work is a huge part of our culture. Our leaders would go so far as to say that there is an expectation for every employee to get out and do something tangible for others throughout the year. To help us carve out time to serve, StrongDM grants every employee almost a full week of VTO (volunteer time off).
Here are some of the ways StrongDM employees are making the world a better place:
- Volunteering as a coach to help students prepare for the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) World Series of Innovation day. This program asks young people to solve problems directly linked to advancing UN Sustainable Development Goals, and during the session, volunteers work with small groups to help them develop and finalize their innovative idea to submit for the World Series of Innovation Challenge.
- Serving as a volunteer to help individuals (adults and children) struggling with homelessness, mental illness, and physical disabilities.
- Transporting dogs across multiple states as part of a caravan for an animal rescue organization. This volunteer also fosters puppies until they find their forever homes.
- Serving as a volunteer diver at the aquarium to help clean the tanks, feed the fish, and wave at kids a few times each month.
- Working to remove invasive species, trim the natives, and plant new native seedlings–as well as maintenance work like raking, sweeping, trimming trees, removing graffiti, and more in state parks.
- Providing educational opportunities and classes in STEM for underprivileged female youth.
- Helping children with disabilities establish a foundation for developing life skills through innovative therapies, including physical, occupational, and speech therapies using horses as a treatment tool.
- Coaching a U10 recreational soccer team. The team teaches the kids the importance of teamwork, communication, tolerance, perseverance, and hard work.
- Volunteering with their local elementary school Watch D.O.G.S. program. The organization's goal is to provide positive male role models for students.
Whether they’re walking dogs at a local animal shelter, maintaining public spaces, or helping the homeless, our employees are a force for good in their communities. We couldn’t be more proud of them.
And the giving doesn’t stop there. Through the end of 2022, we are partnering with G2 to donate $10 to World Central Kitchen for each review we receive. The World Central Kitchen is a global organization that provides access to meals in response to humanitarian, climate, and community crises. If you’ve considered writing a review for StrongDM, there’s never been a more impactful time to do it. Get started here.
About the Author
Angela Donlan, Content Manager, Angela supports the marketing team by developing creative content that helps StrongDM tell its story in creative and authentic ways. Experienced in the advertising agency space and the consulting world, Angela spent her early career years serving as a client-facing writer and project manager for brands large and small. Her specialties range from brand development and strategic campaign planning to social media execution and long-form content production. Angela obtained her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Tulsa. She majored in Marketing and Management and completed minors in Advertising and Communications during her time at TU. To contact Angela, visit her on LinkedIn.