Today’s Day Two Cloud is a sponsored episode with StrongDM. StrongDM focuses on infrastructure access; that is, helping engineers and IT professionals get access to databases, servers, Kubernetes clusters, switches, Web apps, and more from a desktop or laptop.
StrongDM takes a proxy approach to the challenge of access and authentication. It uses a local client that can run on a Mac, Windows, or Linux device; a gateway to mediate access; and an administration layer for setting policies and permissions and auditing access.
Our guest is Justin McCarthy, StrongDM’s co-founder and CTO.
- The problems StrongDM aims to solve
- How it differs from other access and authentication systems
- Integrations with directories and identity stores
- The ability to audit and play back events
- Pros and cons of the proxy model
- Use cases