- Role-based, attribute-based, & just-in-time access to infrastructure
- Connect any person or service to any infrastructure, anywhere
- Logging like you've never seen
Despite thousands of articles, there’s shockingly little actionable advice to help startups complete SOC 2.
🎉 Have you heard? StrongDM offers a free and completely self-paced online SOC 2 Course.
When you don’t have dedicated compliance teams or six figure budgets, we set out to answer:
- When to pull the trigger on SOC 2.
- Who needs to be involved in prep work & what tasks can/can not be delegated.
- How to narrow the scope and save as much time as possible.
- What are achievable best practices for each policy.
- How to gather evidence for auditors.
One area that usually requires some remediation is access controls. Most teams don’t have answers when auditors ask “who has access to a specific database or server and what queries did they execute?” That’s why we started StrongDM- to manage and monitor access to every database, server, & environment. Click here to see for yourself.
To learn more on how StrongDM helps companies with SOC 2 compliance, make sure to check out our SOC 2 Compliance Use Case.
About the Author
Schuyler Brown, Co-founder / CCO, began working with startups as one of the first employees at Cross Commerce Media. Since then, he has worked at the venture capital firms DFJ Gotham and High Peaks Venture Partners. He is also the host of Founders@Fail and author of Inc.com's "Failing Forward" column, where he interviews veteran entrepreneurs about the bumps, bruises, and reality of life in the startup trenches. His leadership philosophy: be humble enough to realize you don’t know everything and curious enough to want to learn more. He holds a B.A. and M.B.A. from Columbia University. To contact Schuyler, visit him on LinkedIn.